Shahi Paneer Sauce
This sauce pairs perfectly with paneer, portobello mushrooms, tofu or vegetable of your choice. This is your Indian iteration of everyone's favorite vodka sauce.
Sauce Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Onions, Organic Butter, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Spices, Organic Raw Sugar & Salt. Allergens: Milk
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
At home you need: 1) 6 to 8 oz of cubed paneer AND 2) 3 oz of heavy whipping cream (or more to taste).
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order, 1 cup water, then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 4 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release pressure immediately.
- Open lid, set to SAUTE and stir intermittently for 4 or more minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add cream and paneer and stir till soft for 2 minutes.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
Stove top Instructions:
- Heat sauce in the pan till hot.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to boil.
- Add cream and simmer to desired consistency.
- Add paneer and heat till just soft. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: onions Serve with: naan or pasta
Leftover tip: paneer gets hard when overcooked, so heat minimally.
This was really delicious, simple, and very quick. Even our 10 year old who is an extremely picky eater asked for seconds! The pressure cooking made the paneer very soft, and the sauce was just the right consistency. Yum!
Tasty paneer sauce!
Wow! Another tasty sauce to add to the others that I’ve tried (better butter chicken & masala sauces). It was so easy to make too! I cooked the organic potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and peas in 2 cups of water and let it cook a bit before I added the sauce. After the sauce was added and cooked to the consistency that I liked, I then added the cream. I served this dish with Ma’s chicken curry and naan. It was a great meal and very delicious!