Shahi Paneer Sauce
This sauce pairs perfectly with paneer, portobello mushrooms, tofu, or vegetable of your choice. This is your Indian iteration of everyone's favorite vodka sauce.
Sauce Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Organic Butter, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Spices, Organic Raw Sugar & Salt. Allergens: Dairy (butter)
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
At home you need:
- 4 to 8 oz of cubed paneer
- 3 to 6 oz of heavy whipping cream / coconut milk / greek yogurt
- salt, we added sparingly, so adjust to taste
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add in order, 3/4 cup water, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 4 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, set to SAUTE and stir intermittently for 3 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add cream and paneer, heat till paneer has softened ~ 2 minutes. Enjoy!
- Bring sauce with 1 cup of water to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer to thicken ~ 3 minutes.
- Add cream and paneer and heat till paneer has softened ~ 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Garnish with: onions Serve with: naan or rice
Leftover tip: paneer hardens when overcooked, so heat minimally.
This was really delicious, simple, and very quick. Even our 10 year old who is an extremely picky eater asked for seconds! The pressure cooking made the paneer very soft, and the sauce was just the right consistency. Yum!
Tasty paneer sauce!
Wow! Another tasty sauce to add to the others that I’ve tried (better butter chicken & masala sauces). It was so easy to make too! I cooked the organic potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and peas in 2 cups of water and let it cook a bit before I added the sauce. After the sauce was added and cooked to the consistency that I liked, I then added the cream. I served this dish with Ma’s chicken curry and naan. It was a great meal and very delicious!