Rajma / Kidney Beans Curry Sauce
Cozy up with our classic rajma sauce. Silky beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
Sauce Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Green Chili, Spices & Salt
At home you need:
- 1 to 1 ½ can of no salt added kidney beans, drained
- Salt, we added sparingly so adjust to taste
Instant Pot Instruction
- Add kidney beans, sauce and 1 cup water.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 mins.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and mash a handful of beans to thicken the sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté kidney beans in the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1.25 to 1.50 cups of water to cover kidney beans. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 7 minutes till the kidney beans are soft.
- Open lid and simmer to thicken sauce if desired.
- Mash a handful of beans for creamy texture. Enjoy!
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon, yogurt Serve with: rice or naan
Excellent! Needed a little less water to make it perfect
Super tasty recipe! Just add a little less water ( 1 cup)