Rajma / Kidney Beans Curry Sauce
Cozy up with our classic rajma sauce. Silky beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
Sauce Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
At home you need: 1 & 1/2 can of no salt added kidney beans, drained
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add in order, 1 & 3/4 cup water, drained kidney beans, then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 mins.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and mash a handful of kidney beans to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
Stove top Instructions:
- Heat sauce and kidney beans, stirring intermittently.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 10 minutes till the kidney beans are soft.
- Remove cover, simmer to thicken sauce if desired.
- Mash a handful of beans for creamy texture. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon, yogurt
Serve with: rice or naan
Leftover tip: add a bit of water to beans prior to heating as legumes thicken with time.