Only for SF Bay
Kidney Beans & Rice (Rajma Chawal) is the ultimate north Indian comfort meal. Silky smooth beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
Ingredients: Organic Kidney Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
Packet Includes: 1) Organic Kidney Beans 2) Legume Sauce
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup water (2 cups for family) kidney beans and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and mash a handful of kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté kidney beans in the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups for family) of water to cover kidney beans. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 7 minutes or till the kidney beans are soft.
- Remove lid and simmer to thicken sauce if desired.
- Mash a handful of beans for creamy texture. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon, Greek yogurt
Serve with: rice, roti, or on its own.
Authentic Punjabi Rajma
I had a lot of fun preparing Rajma that I paired with rice, that I tossed in my rice cooker. It was a simple, but overall such a rich and tasty meal with the perfect blend of spices! Pro Tip: I added some ghee from Costco! But butter tastes good on anything. It took less than 30 seconds of mental energy, normally this dish would require 45-60 minutes of focus, lots of dirty dishes, and wouldn't taste nearly as good.