Rajma / Kidney Beans Curry
Yields 2.75 cups
A protein rich red kidney beans dish is best enjoyed with steamed rice. Silky beans, spiced sauce and tart tomatoes, what's not to love?
Package Includes: 1) Organic Pre-Soaked Kidney Beans 2) Spiced Legume Sauce.
TIP: Cutting the packet on two/three sides will make it easier to move its contents to the IP.
- In the Instant Pot, add sauce and kidney beans with 2 cup of water.
- Lock lid, set valve to SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 25 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes and set valve to VENT to release pressure.
- Open lid and press CANCEL to turn off.
- Mash a few beans with the back of a flat spoon to thicken sauce.
- Classic accompaniments are lemon, cilantro, raw onions, serrano peppers and yogurt.
- Best served with rice.
Rajma (kidney beans) are believed to have originated thousands of years ago in Peru. Part of a larger group known as 'Common Beans,' they were cultivated 8,000 years ago and spread to different regions by tribes. The Portuguese brought them to India through the south-western coast, via Europe.
This nutritious legume is very rich in protein and Vitamin K. It's proven to protect cells, reduce the risk of cancer and beneficial for the nervous system. Furthermore, rajma has a low glycemic index and helps lower cholesterol levels. That's pretty fabulous, right!