Vegetable Pilaf Sauce
This sauce is infused with our in-house blend of whole spices and makes an intensely flavorful rice dish. If you add paneer and your favorite veggies, (we suggest cauliflower, peas and potatoes) it's a nutritionally complete one-pot meal.
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Cashews, Organic Coriander, Raisins, Organic Spices (Cardamom, Cayenne, Red Chili Pod, Cinnamon, Cumin, Clove) & Salt. Allergens: Tree Nuts, Cashews
At home you need:
- 10 oz of mix of bite sized vegetable (e.g peas, cauliflower, carrots, beans)
- 2 oz of bite size paneer or canned garbanzo beans
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- Rinse rice.
- Add ¾ cup water, rice and sauce ensuring rice is submerged in the water. Add vegetables/garbanzos/paneer on top.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes, then VENT and mix well. Enjoy!
- Rinse rice.
In a lidded heavy bottom pot, add rice, sauce, vegetables/paneer/garbanzo, and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered on low heat until water is absorbed 18 - 20 minutes.
- Take off the stove and rest covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, pickles Serve with: papadum, yogurt
Leftover tip: prior to heating, splash a bit of water to freshen the rice.