Mung Dal Khichdi
Serves 3-4 - yields 40 oz
India's most popular one-pot comfort meal. Enjoy it for lunch, dinner and even breakfast, we do!
In the Kit 1) Basmati Rice & split mung in an aromatic spiced ghee or avocado oil (vegan) ‘tadka’
Ingredients: Organic Split Mung, Organic Basmati Rice, Avocado Oil, Organic Ghee (eliminated for vegan), Spices & Salt
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add rice-mung and the seasoned oil with 4 cups of water to the Instant Pot.
- Seal and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 10 minutes.
- Rest 10 minutes, then VENT. Enjoy!
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil, add rice-mung and the seasoned oil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook till rice-mung beans are soft and mushy ~20 minutes. You may need to stir intermittently for the last 5 minutes of the process. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste.
Garnish options: onions, butter, yogurt, pickles, pappadum.
Leftover tip: prior to heating, splash with a bit of hot water as all lentils thicken over time.