Ma's Lamb Curry
Only for SF Bay
Serves 2 to 3: Includes 1 lb of lamb - yields 24 oz
Serves 4 to 6: Includes 2 lbs of lamb - yields 44 oz
This aromatic melt in your mouth lamb dish is seasoned with our mom’s blend of spices. This is a labor intensive dish and usually reserved for weekends or entertaining, but with our starter sauce you can enjoy this any night of the week!
In the Kit: 1) Boneless Lamb 2) Classic Curry Sauce
Ingredients: Lamb Shoulder, Organic Onions, Organic Yogurt, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Salt, Organic Cayenne, Organic Cumin, Organic Turmeric, Organic Coriander, Organic Peppercorn, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves. Allergens: Dairy
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add ½ cup water (1 cup for family), lamb, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 40 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes then VENT.
- Stir all together to incorporate well. SAUTE for 3-5 minutes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (defrost lamb before use)
- Sauté lamb in sauce for 5-8 minutes until golden brown. When needed, add 1-2 tablespoons water to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Add just enough hot water to cover the lamb. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cook covered for 40+ minutes. Stir intermittently and add water as needed till lamb is tender.
- Remove lid, simmer to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon juice. Serve with: rice, roti or naan.
Delish, easy, still licking my fingers
The ingredients of this sauce are simple and healthy but wow do they pack in a lot of flavour and punch! I used the sauce with boneless lamb pieces and added in some lamb bones for flavour because the instructions suggested including bones. This might just be my favourite Seeti dish — so delicious and not too spicy. Still licking my fingers.