Ma's Chicken Curry Sauce
This a mildly spiced sauce that has delicate aromas of onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and garam masala. Ours is homey and comforting.
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Sauce Ingredients: Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Yogurt, Avocado Oil, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Milk (Dairy)
At home you need:
- 12 to 18 oz oz of cubed boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt, we added sparingly so adjust to taste
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add ½ cup water, chicken and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, set to SAUTE and stir intermittently for 3 or more minutes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté chicken in sauce for 2 - 3 minutes till light golden.
- Add 1 cup of hot water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cook covered for 5 to 8 minutes till chicken is cooked through.
- Open lid, simmer for 3 minutes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice Serve with: naan or rice
This sauce goes with every meal!
Another great sauce! I used organic chicken breast versus thighs to this sauce. Sometimes chicken breast can be tough and dry tasting, but the sauce really made it flavorful! I cut the chicken in bite size pieces and sautéed with a small amount of oil. I then added water and sauce and cooked to the consistency I like. It was amazing!! My entire family enjoyed it!