Lentil Squash Stew
Only for SF Bay
Serves 2-3 - yields 24 oz
This comforting daal and squash is a staple dish and served with rice and roti even in almost every household in India. Ours is tangy, savory, and delicious at only 150 calories per serving. We like to eat ours on it's own with onions and a dash of lemon.
In the Kit: 1) Lentils 'toor' 2) Squash 'loki' 3) Tomatoes in Spiced Aromatic Ghee or Avocado Oil (for vegan)
Ingredients: Opo Squash 'loki', Organic Tomatoes, Organic Pigeon Pea Lentils 'toor', Organic Ghee or Avocado Oil (vegan), Organic Coriander, Salt, Organic Cumin, Organic Fenugreek, Green Chili, Organic Turmeric, Organic Cayenne, Organic Asafetida, Red Chili Pod.
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add 1 ½ cups water, tomatoes, lentils, and then squash.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 11 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure. Enjoy!
Stovetop instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add spiced tomatoes, lentils, and squash in a saucepan with 2 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until lentils and squash are tender. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: onions, lemon juice, cilantro Serve with: roti, rice or on its own
Leftover tip: for leftovers, prior to reheating, add a splash of hot water as all lentils thicken over time.
Where have you been?
Total soul food. Wish there was a choice of a larger pack size.
Great Indian Food!
This is great food, very well made, wonderful flavors and easy to cook! I highly recommend!