Yellow Lentils & Squash Stew
Yields 3 cups
Package Includes 1) Spiced Organic Tomatoes 2) Opo Squash "Lauki" 3) Organic Yellow Lentils "Toor Daal"
TIP: Cutting the packet on two/three sides will make it easier to move its contents to the IP.
- In the Instant Pot, add spiced tomatoes, and daal with 1½ cups water.
- Add in the squash and turn once to coat on both sides.
- Lock lid, set valve to SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 11 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then set valve to VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and press CANCEL to turn off.
- Give it a good stir.
- Classic accompaniments are cilantro, raw onions, lemon, serrano peppers.
- Best served with rice or Indian flatbread such as roti.
- All legumes will thicken over time. If not eating right away, add boiling water prior to reheating. You may also need to adjust salt at this time.