Lentils "Kaali Daal"
Kaali Daal is one of our favorites despite its misnomer of a name. You see, kaali means black, but this daal is decidedly brown. Black or brown, we love its bold heartiness, its comforting warmth, and its bountiful nutrition. Daal (lentils), roti (whole wheat bread) and a green chili pepper are what make up both the simplest of Indian meals and the most universally loved.
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
Ingredients: Lentils, Avocado Oil, Organic Grass-fed Ghee, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Dairy (ghee)
Package includes 1) Spiced lentils
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 2 ½ cups water, and then lentils.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 21 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release the remaining pressure. Enjoy!
- Add lentils and 4 cups water.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium low heat.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes or till lentils are soft. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: onions, lemon, cilantro Serve with: naan, rice or on its own
Leftover tip: add hot water prior to heating as all lentils thicken over time.