$6 / Serving
A popular vegetarian dish. Hearty, healthful and totally satisfying.
Chickpeas are one of the earliest cultivated legumes tracing back to 5000 BC in the Middle East. Chickpeas are also mentioned by a German writer in 1793 as a substitute for coffee. Chickpeas currently supply over 20% of the world with protein.
Chickpeas are nutrient dense, providing more than 20% daily value of protein, dietary fiber, folate, and minerals like iron and phosphorus. They also provide a moderate amount of zinc, thiamin, vitamin B6, and magnesium. Cooked chickpeas are high in amino acids.
Total Time to Table ~ 75 minutes
Kit Includes i) Pre soaked chickpeas in ginger chilli oil ii) Spice Mix and teabag
- Add pre soaked beans, spice mix with teabag and 1 ¼ cups of water into the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Lock lid, set valve to seal and cook on high pressure for the 55 minutes specified for your selected option
- Once done, let rest for 5 minutes and set valve to vent to release pressure.
- Open lid and press cancel to turn off. Remove teabag.
- Smash a few beans with the back of a spoon
- Optional - Set IP to saute mode for 2-3 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Optional garnish suggestions: cilantro, raw onions, lemon, serrano pepper, yogurt, tamarind/date chutney
- Best served with Indian flatbread
- Legumes/Beans thicken over time. If not eaten immediately, add boiling water to desired consistency. You may also need to adjust salt at this time.