Chickpea "Channa" Masala Sauce
This tangy tomato sauce pairs perfectly with chickpeas.
Sauce Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
At home you need: 1 & 1/2 can of no salt added chickpeas, drained.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order, 1 3/4 cup water, drained chickpeas, then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 mins.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and mash a handful of chickpeas to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Heat sauce and chickpeas, stirring intermittently.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 12 minutes or till the chickpeas are soft.
- Remove cover, simmer to thicken sauce if desired.
- Mash a handful of beans for creamy texture. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: onions, lemon, cilantro Serve with: rice or naan
You MUST try this - SOOOOOO easy and DELICIOUS!
Perfect Sauce for making Aloo Gobi!
I made a delicious Aloo Gobi using Seeti's Chickpea "Channa" Masala Sauce. Just added cubed potatoes, a chopped tomato, onion and cauliflower to my instant pot with the sauce packet. Incredible flavors rivaling anything I have ever had at great Indian restaurants.
I wanted to add some flavor to my potatoes and caulini and Seeti suggested this Masala Sauce. Wow! Great idea because it turned out delicious! And it was so easy to make! I basically cooked the potatoes and caulini in 2 cups of water and let it steam a bit before I added the sauce. I served this dish with the butter chicken. It was a great meal! Now I’m excited to try even more of their sauces and use different proteins and vegetables!