Chana Masala Sauce
This tangy tomato sauce pairs perfectly with chickpeas.
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices, Green Chili & Salt
At home you need:
- 1 ½ to 2 cans of no salt added chickpeas, drained
- salt, we added sparingly, adjust to taste
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup water, chickpeas, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, simmer for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of chickpeas to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Add chickpeas, sauce, and 1 ¼ - 1 ½ cups water to just cover chickpeas. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 10 minutes or till chickpeas are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the chickpeas to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon or yogurt Serve with: poori, naan, rice or on its own
You MUST try this - SOOOOOO easy and DELICIOUS!
Perfect Sauce for making Aloo Gobi!
I made a delicious Aloo Gobi using Seeti's Chickpea "Channa" Masala Sauce. Just added cubed potatoes, a chopped tomato, onion and cauliflower to my instant pot with the sauce packet. Incredible flavors rivaling anything I have ever had at great Indian restaurants.
I wanted to add some flavor to my potatoes and caulini and Seeti suggested this Masala Sauce. Wow! Great idea because it turned out delicious! And it was so easy to make! I basically cooked the potatoes and caulini in 2 cups of water and let it steam a bit before I added the sauce. I served this dish with the butter chicken. It was a great meal! Now I’m excited to try even more of their sauces and use different proteins and vegetables!