Only for SF Bay
Serves 2-3 - yields 32 oz
An aromatic chicken and rice dish that will warm your heart and household. We start with our family's blend of whole spices and saffron.
In the kit: 1) Chicken 2) Basmati Rice 3) Biryani Masala Sauce
Ingredients: Antibiotic Free Chicken, Basmati Rice, Organic Onions, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Avocado Oil, Organic Cashews, Organic Serrano Pepper, Organic Cilantro, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Tree nuts (cashews)
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Rinse rice
- Set to SAUTE. Add rice, sauce and chicken, then stir for 4 minutes. Press CANCEL to turn off SAUTE mode.
- Add ¾ cup water, stir to scrape off all the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (deglaze).
- Ensure all the rice is submerged under the water. SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure. Remove lid and mix well. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (defrost Chicken before use)
- Rinse rice.
- Sauté chicken, rice, and sauce in a saucepan till chicken is no longer pink ~5 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook till water is absorbed, 16-18 minutes.
- Take off the stove and rest covered for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, yogurt
Leftover tip: prior to reheating, add a splash of hot water to freshen rice
My favorite dish
Loved everything about it.
Delicious & Perfect Pilaf!
This Seeti kit magically transformed itself into a perfectly balanced, flavorful gourmet meal in my instant pot! The textures are lovely with wonderful surprises of cashews and spices in each bite. I served it with sliced, fresh white onion on top and a squeeze of lime. We enjoyed it so much. We don't eat meat in our home often, so I neglected to defrost the chicken first—whoops. I sauteed a little longer and added 4 minutes of cook time after the initial venting and it was absolutely perfect and tender! You need to try this.
Dinner ready despite crying baby!
I had stashed this chicken pilaf mealkit for a rainy day and after a long afternoon with a fussing baby, had to resort to making dinner with baby in a carrier sling (and to increase the stakes — she was crying in there). She is still crying but I managed to make and eat dinner. Thank you Seeti for feeding newbie parents with healthy, yummy food! Now I have energy to soothe her!