Only for SF Bay
Serves 2-3 - yields 32 oz
An aromatic chicken and rice dish that will warm your heart and household. We start with our family's blend of whole spices and saffron.
In the kit: Boneless Chicken 2) Basmati Rice 3) Biryani Masala Sauce
Ingredients: Boneless Chicken Thighs, Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Avocado Oil, Organic Cilantro, Organic Spices (Cumin, Black Cardamom, Peppercorn, Cayenne, Cloves, Cinnamon, Saffron), Organic Green Chillies & Salt.
Instant Pot Instructions (defrost chicken before use)
- Add chicken, rice and 1¼ cup water to the pot. Give it a good stir.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure. Remove the lid and mix well to incorporate sauce evenly. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (defrost chicken before use)
- In a lidded heavy bottom pot, sauté chicken, rice, and sauce till the chicken is no longer pink ~5 minutes.
- Add 1¼ cup hot water, scraping off all the brown bits stuck to the bottom to deglaze the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low heat until water is absorbed, 16-18 minutes.
- Take off the stove and rest covered for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, yoghurt / raita
Leftover tip: prior to reheating, add a splash of hot water to freshen rice
My favorite dish
Loved everything about it.
Delicious & Perfect Pilaf!
This Seeti kit magically transformed itself into a perfectly balanced, flavorful gourmet meal in my instant pot! The textures are lovely with wonderful surprises of cashews and spices in each bite. I served it with sliced, fresh white onion on top and a squeeze of lime. We enjoyed it so much. We don't eat meat in our home often, so I neglected to defrost the chicken first—whoops. I sauteed a little longer and added 4 minutes of cook time after the initial venting and it was absolutely perfect and tender! You need to try this.
Dinner ready despite crying baby!
I had stashed this chicken pilaf mealkit for a rainy day and after a long afternoon with a fussing baby, had to resort to making dinner with baby in a carrier sling (and to increase the stakes — she was crying in there). She is still crying but I managed to make and eat dinner. Thank you Seeti for feeding newbie parents with healthy, yummy food! Now I have energy to soothe her!