Ma's Chicken Curry
A mildly spiced bone-in chicken curry that has delicate aromas of onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and garam masala. Tastes great with rice or roti. Ours is homey and comforting. We use locally sourced, air chilled, organic Marys Chicken.
British were used to jackrabbit. Chicken meat was comparable to rabbit for British taste and in India more readily available than the jackrabbits. British took the chicken to England and started to make chicken stew. This became the foundation for chicken curry
The first chicken curry is called 'Country Captain Chicken' and was documented on April 26, 1792 in Madras Courier in India. In 1825, it would reach Georgia (USA) and would become a popular dish with President Roosevelt and General Patton
Captains chicken lead to various types of chicken curries. Chicken curry would take another turn in 1947. Jawahar Lal Nehru becomes the first prime minister of India. Chicken curry was Nehru's favorite meat dish in UK.
Package Includes: Sachets of i) Chicken ii) Sauce
- Add Chicken and Sauce sachets with 1/2 cup of water into the Instant Pot and stir well
- Lock lid into place and set valve to SEAL.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes (10 if frozen)
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes then set valve to VENT to release pressure.
- Open Lid and press cancel to turn off
- Set to saute mode (with lid open), stir intermittently for a 3-5 minutes to thicken sauce
- Thickening produces a richer spicier sauce.
- Optional garnish suggestions: cilantro, raw onions, lemon, serrano pepper, yogurt
- Best served with rice or Indian flatbread such as roti