Yields 2.25 cups
Chickpeas in a tangy tomato sauce. Eat it like we do, with sliced onions and avocados with a splash of lemon juice. Or for a more hearty meal, enjoy it with rice or a flatbread.
Package Includes 1) Organic Chickpeas 2) Spiced Legume Sauce
PRO TIP: Cutting the packet on two/three sides will make it easier to move its contents to the IP.
- In the Instant Pot, add sauce and chickpeas with 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Lock lid, set valve to SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 5 minutes and set valve to VENT to release pressure.
- Open lid and press CANCEL to turn off.
- Mash a handful of beans to thicken sauce.
- Classic accompaniments are cilantro, raw onions, serrano pepper, yogurt.
- Best served with rice.
- All legumes/beans thicken over time. If not eating right away, add boiling water to desired consistency when reheating. You may also need to adjust salt at this time.
Channa masala is a wildly popular dish in the sub-continent. Served at lunches and wedding parties, its a favorite for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.