Only for SF Bay
Serves 2 to 3: Cooked yield 28 oz
Serves 4 to 6: Cooked Yield 48 oz
Garbanzo beans in a tangy tomato sauce. Eat it like we do, with sliced onions, avocados, and a spritz of lemon. Or for a more hearty meal, enjoy it with rice or a flatbread.
In the Kit: 1) Parboiled garbanzo beans 2) Tangy Masala Sauce
Ingredients: Organic Garbanzo Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Coriander, Organic Cumin, Organic Raw Sugar, Salt, Organic Cayenne, Organic Turmeric, Green Chili, Organic Peppercorn, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves.
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add 1 cup water (2 cups for family), garbanzo beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, SAUTE for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add garbanzo beans, sauce, and 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups (2 ¼ to 2 ½ cups for family) water to just cover garbanzo beans. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 10 minutes or till garbanzo beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, yogurt, lemon juice Serve with: roti, rice, or on its own
Another wonderful dish!
Thank you for adding more spice to our life! The Channa Masala was the perfect addition to our bbq. The Naan on the grill was a perfect pair!