Better (butter) Chicken
This heavenly, creamy boneless chicken dish is silken in texture yet robust in flavor. Ours is "better" for you as we use half the fat of other popular recipes AND we use only locally source Mary's air chilled chicken.
Package includes sachets of i) Sauce, ii) 2 Chicken iii) Cream iv) Fenugreek
- To the Instant Pot, add sauce, chicken and 1/4 cup of water
- Lock lid into place and set valve to SEAL
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes (6 if frozen)
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes then set valve to VENT to release pressure
- Open lid and press CANCEL to turn off
- Set to SAUTE mode, and stir intermittently for 4 minutes to thicken sauce
- Add in cream and stir for 1-2 minutes to blend
- Garnish with the fenugreek leaves
Butter chicken originated in the 1950s in Moti Mahal, a restaurant in Delhi that was well known for it's tandoori dishes. A tandoor is a circular clay oven, and can be found in any Indian restaurant worth its salt.
So the story goes, the cooks of Moti Mahal would mix leftover marinade juices with butter and tomato, and then stew the tandoor-cooked chicken in it. Through this they stumbled upon what became an internationally loved delicacy. The restaurant quickly became a famous attraction of Delhi and it wasn’t long before butter chicken proliferated throughout the world.