Better Butter Chicken
Yields 2.5 Cups
This Keto friendly heavenly, creamy boneless chicken dish is silken in texture yet robust in flavor. Ours is "better" for you as we use half the fat of other popular recipes AND we use locally sourced Mary's Air Chilled Free Range Chicken
Package includes: 1) Makhni Sauce 2) 12 oz of Mary’s Air-Chilled Free Range Chicken 3) Cream.
TIP: Cutting the packet on two/three sides will make it easier to move its contents to the IP.
- In the Instant Pot, add the chicken and sauce with ⅓ cup water.
- Lock lid, set valve to SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 9 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then set valve to VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and press CANCEL to turn off.
- If chicken are stuck together separate the pieces with a spatula.
- Add cream and set to SAUTE mode for 5 minutes, stir intermittently to thicken sauce.
- Classic accompaniments are raw onions.
- Best served with Indian flatbread.
Butter chicken originated in the 1950s in Moti Mahal, a restaurant in Delhi that was well known for it's tandoori dishes. A tandoor is a circular clay oven, and can be found in any Indian restaurant worth its salt.