Rajma / Kidney Beans Curry
Yields 2.75 cups
Rajma & Rice is the ultimate comfort north Indian meal. Silky beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
Ingredients: Organic Kidney Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
Instructions: Package Includes: 1) Pre-Soaked Kidney Beans 2) Spiced Legume Sauce. TIP: Cutting packet on two/three sides will facilitate moving it's contents into the IP
- Add sauce, kidney beans with 2 cup of water.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 25 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and mash a few beans with the back of a flat spoon to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off & Enjoy!
Garnish Tips: cilantro, onions slices, lemon wedge, yoghurt Serve with: Rice or Indian Flatbread Leftover Reheating Tips: As legumes thicken over time, add boiling water to desired consistency.
History: Rajma (kidney beans) are believed to have originated thousands of years ago in Peru. The Portuguese brought them to India through the south-western coast, via Europe.
Healthy Benefits: This nutritious legume is very rich in protein and Vitamin K. It's proven to protect cells, reduce the risk of cancer and beneficial for the nervous system. Furthermore, rajma has a low glycemic index and helps lower cholesterol levels. That's pretty fabulous, right!