Railway Station Potatoes
Available in SF Bay Only
Who doesn’t like potatoes? Growing up in India, train travel was much more commonplace than air travel. The best part of the travel was waiting for a big station to come, where vendors would come flocking to sell fresh hot aloo poori (potato curry with fried bread) and masala chai. Heaven! These potatoes will transport you to those days.
TIP: cut sauce packets on three sides eases the transfer.
Ingredients: Organic Yukon Potatoes, Organic Tomatoes, Grass-Fed Ghee, Green Chili, Spices & Salt Allergens: Dairy (ghee)
Package includes 1) Potatoes 2) Spiced Tomatoes.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add ¾ cups water, potatoes, and sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 5 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, mash a handful of potatoes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté potatoes in the sauce for about 3 minutes.
- Add hot water to just cover the potatoes and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 10-15 minutes or till cooked through.
- Open lid, mash a few potatoes to thicken the sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for a thicker sauce if desired.
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, lemon, yogurt Serve with poori, naan or on its own
Wow! So flavorful!
These potatoes were amazing!! So much flavor and so easy to make! The meal kit came with organic diced Yukon potatoes and organic spiced tomato sauce. We don’t own an instant pot but was able to cook it on the stovetop. Just put the potatoes and water in a pot and then add the sauce. Cook til done. That’s it!! And it tasted so good! We served it with the Butter Chicken meal kit which was also tasty and made for a great combination. We plan on ordering sauces next since we know how they taste in the meal kits. So delicious!!