Quinoa Mung Khichdi
India's most popular one-pot comfort meal. We traded rice for quinoa and we promise, you won’t miss it. The texture is similar to soupy oatmeal with the creaminess of risotto. Since we traded the rice for quinoa, it is 100% guilt-free. At only 270 calories per serving, enjoy it for lunch, dinner and even breakfast, we do!
Ingredients: Organic Split Mung, Organic Quinoa, Avocado Oil, Organic Ghee, Spices & Salt
TIP: Cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
In the Kit 1) Quinoa & split mung in an aromatic spiced ghee ‘tadka’
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 4 cups water, and then quinoa-mung.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure. Enjoy!
- Bring 5 cups water and quinoa-mung to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook till quinoa-mung beans are soft and mushy ~35 minutes. You may need to stir intermittently for the last 10 minutes of the process. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste.
Garnish options: onions, butter, yogurt, pickles, pappadum.
Leftover tip: prior to heating, splash with a bit of hot water as all lentils thicken over time.
When I ordered it I was not sure what to expect - it seemed like a khicdi with quinoa instead of rice - how good it could be. But it has amazed me. I really truly enjoy having it as lunch or dinner (or both) - and I am told it is healthy also - I really do not care. This truly is my favorite all time dish. Thank you guys.
It is the best khichdi I've had in a long time. Healthy, Tasty and Vegan.
This is my favorite dish from Seethi. The spices are subtle and with the flovour of this lentil makes for a satisfying meal.