Yields 2.25 cups
Bring the flavors of Delhi streets into your home. It's healthy yet decadent, spicy yet sweet, nutty yet silky. You can enjoy it as a meal with flat bread or as a snack on it's own, we will let you decide!
Instructions: Organic Chickpeas, Organic Ginger, Avocado Oil, Grass-Fed Ghee Organic Raw Sugar, Spices , Black Tea, Green Chili & Salt
Instructions: Package Includes: 1) Ginger Infused Chickpeas 2) Spice Mix (includes a tea bag for color). TIP: Cutting packet on two/three sides will facilitate moving it's contents into the IP
- Add chickpeas, spice mix and ⅔ cup water.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 20 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove tea bag and mash a handful of beans to thicken texture
- Open lid, set to SAUTE mode for 4 minutes to let excess water evaporate.
- CANCEL to turn off & Enjoy!
Garnish Tips: onions slices, lemon wedge, tamarind chutney Serve with: Indian Flatbread Leftover Reheating Tips: As beans thicken over time, splash a bit of water to help freshen
History: Chickpeas, or chola, are one of the earliest cultivated legumes. Historians trace them back to 5000 BC in the Middle East. Nutrient dense, chickpeas provide more than 20% daily value of protein. They are rich in dietary fiber, folate, and minerals like iron and phosphorus. They also provide a moderate amount of zinc, thiamin, vitamin B6, and magnesium. Cooked chickpeas are high in amino acids.