Only for SF Bay
Serves 2-3 - yields 24 oz
Who doesn’t like potatoes? Growing up in India, train travel was much more commonplace than air travel. The best part of the travel was waiting for the station to come, where vendors would come flocking to sell fresh hot aloo poori (potato curry with fried bread) and masala chai. Heaven! These potatoes will transport you to those days.
In the Kit: 1) Potatoes 2) Tomatoes in an aromatic spiced ghee ‘tadka’
Ingredients: Organic Gold Potatoes, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Coriander, Organic Ghee, Green Chili, Organic Fenugreek, Salt, Organic Cayenne, Organic Turmeric, Organic Asafetida.
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add ¾ cups water, potatoes, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 5 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, mash a handful of potatoes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add potatoes, sauce, and just enough hot water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid and mash a few potatoes to thicken sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for desired consistency. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, yogurt Serve with: puri, roti, or on its own
These potatoes were amazing!! So much flavor and so easy to make! The meal kit came with organic diced Yukon potatoes and organic spiced tomato sauce. We don’t own an instant pot but was able to cook it on the stovetop. Just put the potatoes and water in a pot and then add the sauce. Cook til done. That’s it!! And it tasted so good! We served it with the Butter Chicken meal kit which was also tasty and made for a great combination. We plan on ordering sauces next since we know how they taste in the meal kits. So delicious!!