Only for SF Bay
Who doesn’t like potatoes? Growing up in India, train travel was much more commonplace than air travel. The best part of the travel was waiting for a big station to come, where vendors would come flocking to sell fresh hot aloo poori (potato curry with fried bread) and masala chai. Heaven! These potatoes will transport you to those days.
Ingredients: Organic Gold Potatoes, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Ghee, Green Chili, Spices & Salt
In the Kit: 1) Potatoes 2)Tomatoes in an aromatic spiced ghee ‘tadka’
TIP: cut sauce packets on three sides eases the transfer.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add ¾ cups water, potatoes, and then spiced tomatoes.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 5 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, mash a handful of potatoes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté potatoes in spiced tomatoes for about 5 minutes.
- Add hot water to just cover the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 10-15 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid, mash a few potatoes to thicken the sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for desired consistency. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, lemon juice, yogurt Serve with poori, roti, or on its own
Wow! So flavorful!
These potatoes were amazing!! So much flavor and so easy to make! The meal kit came with organic diced Yukon potatoes and organic spiced tomato sauce. We don’t own an instant pot but was able to cook it on the stovetop. Just put the potatoes and water in a pot and then add the sauce. Cook til done. That’s it!! And it tasted so good! We served it with the Butter Chicken meal kit which was also tasty and made for a great combination. We plan on ordering sauces next since we know how they taste in the meal kits. So delicious!!