Mughlai Chicken Pilaf
Available in SF Bay Only
An aromatic chicken and rice dish that will warm your heart and household. We start with our family's blend of whole spices and saffron.
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
Ingredients: Antibiotic free Halal Chicken, Basmati Rice, Organic Onions, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Avocado Oil, Organic Cashews, Organic Serrano Pepper, Organic Cilantro, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Tree nuts (cashews)
Package includes: 1) Basmati Rice 2) Pilaf Sauce 3) Chicken
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set to SAUTE. Add rice, sauce and chicken. Stir for 4 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup water, stir scrapping off all brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (deglaze).
- Pat down to ensure all rice is submerged under the water and SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, stir to mix all together. Enjoy!
- Sauté chicken in the sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cup water and rice and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan.
- Cook till water is absorbed, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Take off the stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork. Mix and enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, yogurt
Leftover tip: splash with water prior to heating to freshen rice
Dinner ready despite crying baby!
I had stashed this chicken pilaf mealkit for a rainy day and after a long afternoon with a fussing baby, had to resort to making dinner with baby in a carrier sling (and to increase the stakes — she was crying in there). She is still crying but I managed to make and eat dinner. Thank you Seeti for feeding newbie parents with healthy, yummy food! Now I have energy to soothe her!