Available in SF Bay Only
Chickpeas in a tangy tomato sauce. Eat it like we do, with sliced onions, avocados, and a spritz of lemon. Or for a more hearty meal, enjoy it with rice or a flatbread.
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Ingredients: Organic Chickpeas, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
Package Includes 1) Organic Chickpeas 2) Legume Sauce
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup water (2 cups for family), chickpeas, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and mash a handful of chickpeas to thicken the sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté chickpeas in the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups for family) water to cover chickpeas. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 10 minutes, or till the chickpeas are soft.
- Remove cover, simmer to thicken sauce if desired.
- Mash a handful of beans for a creamy texture. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon spritz, Greek yogurt
Serve with: naan, rice, or on its own
Another wonderful dish!
Thank you for adding more spice to our life! The Channa Masala was the perfect addition to our bbq. The Naan on the grill was a perfect pair!