Only for SF Bay
Garbanzo beans in a tangy tomato sauce. Eat it like we do, with sliced onions, avocados, and a spritz of lemon. Or for a more hearty meal, enjoy it with rice or a flatbread.
Ingredients: Organic Chickpeas, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
In the Kit: 1) Organic parboiled garbanzo beans 2) Tangy Masala Sauce
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup water (2 cups for family), garbanzo beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, simmer for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Sauté garbanzo beans in sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups (2 ¼ to 2 ½ cups for family) water to just cover garbanzo beans. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 10 minutes or till garbanzo beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice, yogurt
Serve with: roti, naan, rice, or on its own
Another wonderful dish!
Thank you for adding more spice to our life! The Channa Masala was the perfect addition to our bbq. The Naan on the grill was a perfect pair!