Only for SF Bay
Serves 2 to 3: Cooked yield 24 oz
Kidney Beans & Rice (Rajma Chawal) is the ultimate north Indian comfort meal. Silky smooth beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
In the Kit: 1) Parboiled Kidney Beans 2) Tangy Masala Sauce
Ingredients: Organic Kidney Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves), Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Green Chili, & Salt
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add 1 ⅓ cup water, kidney beans, and sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, SAUTE for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use defrosted)
- In a lidded pot, add kidney beans, sauce, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice
Serve with: yoghurt, roti, rice, or on its own
Authentic Punjabi Rajma
I had a lot of fun preparing Rajma that I paired with rice, that I tossed in my rice cooker. It was a simple, but overall such a rich and tasty meal with the perfect blend of spices! Pro Tip: I added some ghee from Costco! But butter tastes good on anything. It took less than 30 seconds of mental energy, normally this dish would require 45-60 minutes of focus, lots of dirty dishes, and wouldn't taste nearly as good.