One Pot Mughlai Chicken Pilaf
Yields 4 cups
A rice and chicken aromatic dish that will warm your heart and household. We start with our special in-house blend of whole spices which is a family recipe.
Package includes: 1) Long Grain Basmati Rice 2) Caramelized Organic Onions with Nuts 3) Marinated Boneless Mary’s Air-chilled Free Range Chicken
PRO TIP: Cutting the packet on two/three sides will make it easier to move its contents to the IP.
- In the Instant Pot, add onions, rice and ¾ cup water. Stir together so the onions are separated and mixed in evenly with the rice.
- Add chicken.
- Lock lid, set valve to SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 9 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then set valve to VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and press CANCEL to turn off.
- If the chicken is stuck together separate the pieces with a spatula and mix it in well with the rice.
- Classic accompaniments are raw onions, yogurt.
- If eating the next day, splash a little water on to the rice before reheating.
This is the holy grail of pilafs. Its on the menu for Sunday lunches in a majority of Pakistani households, and a favorite with kids and adults alike.