Ma's Lamb Curry (halal)
Available in SF Bay Only
This aromatic melt in your mouth lamb dish is seasoned with our mom’s blend of spices. This is a labor intensive dish and usually reserved for weekends or entertaining, but with our starter sauce you can enjoy this any night of the week!
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Ingredients: Halal Lamb, Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Yogurt, Avocado Oil, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Dairy (Milk)
Package includes: 1) Caramelized Onion Sauce 2) Boneless Cubed Domestic Lamb Leg
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add ½ cup water (1 cup for family), meat and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 30 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, set to SAUTE and stir intermittently for 3+ minutes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- Defrost lamb, if frozen.
- Sauté meat in sauce till golden brown on all sides ~ 5 to 10 minutes, adding a tablespoon or two or water as needed to prevent sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Add hot water to just cover the meat & bring to boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered till meat is tender ~ 40 + minutes, adding more water as needed to facilitate the cooking process.
- Once meat is cooked, simmer uncovered to thicken sauce ~ 3 minutes if needed. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon juice. Serve with: rice, roti or naan.
Delish, easy, still licking my fingers
The ingredients of this sauce are simple and healthy but wow do they pack in a lot of flavour and punch! I used the sauce with boneless lamb pieces and added in some lamb bones for flavour because the instructions suggested including bones. This might just be my favourite Seeti dish — so delicious and not too spicy. Still licking my fingers.