Rajma / Kidney Beans Curry Sauce
Kidney Beans & Rice (Rajma Chawal) is the ultimate north Indian comfort meal. Silky smooth beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves), Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Green Chili, & Salt
At home you need:
- 1 ½ to 2 cans of kidney beans, drained
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 ⅓ cup water, kidney beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, SAUTE for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- In a lidded pot, add kidney beans, sauce, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 2 minutes or till kidney beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice
Serve with: yoghurt, roti, rice, or on its own
Excellent! Needed a little less water to make it perfect
Super tasty recipe! Just add a little less water ( 1 cup)