Shahi Paneer Sauce
This sauce pairs perfectly with paneer, portobello mushrooms, tofu, or vegetable of your choice. This is your Indian iteration of everyone's favorite vodka sauce.
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Cream, Organic Onions, Organic Butter, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Organic Coriander, Organic Fenugreek, Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Cumin, Salt, Organic Paprika, Organic Turmeric, Organic Cayenne, Organic Peppercorn, Organic Clove, Organic Cinnamon. Allergens: Dairy
At home you need:
- 8 oz of cubed paneer
- 4 oz of heavy whipping cream / coconut milk / greek yogurt
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add in order, ¾ cup water, and then sauce. Do not stir!
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 4 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes then VENT.
- Remove lid, and add cream. SAUTE for 3 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add paneer, cook till just soft 1-3 minutes. Overcooking will result in paneer becoming tough. Enjoy!
- Bring sauce with 1 cup water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Add paneer, cook until just soft 2-3 minutes. Overcooking will result in paneer becoming tough. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions Serve with: naan or rice
We enjoyed our shahi paneer very much. The kids did enjoy a previous batch that was very silky in texture; adults liked both versions. We understand you cook in small batches, and that is very appealing to us!
This was really delicious, simple, and very quick. Even our 10 year old who is an extremely picky eater asked for seconds! The pressure cooking made the paneer very soft, and the sauce was just the right consistency. Yum!
Tasty paneer sauce!
Wow! Another tasty sauce to add to the others that I’ve tried (better butter chicken & masala sauces). It was so easy to make too! I cooked the organic potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and peas in 2 cups of water and let it cook a bit before I added the sauce. After the sauce was added and cooked to the consistency that I liked, I then added the cream. I served this dish with Ma’s chicken curry and naan. It was a great meal and very delicious!