Only for SF Bay
Serves 2 to 3: Cooked yield 28 oz
Serves 4 to 6: Cooked Yield 48 oz
Kidney Beans & Rice (Rajma Chawal) is the ultimate north Indian comfort meal. Silky smooth beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
In the Kit: 1) Kidney Beans 2) Tangy Masala Sauce
Ingredients: Organic Kidney Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add 1 cup (2 cups for family) water, kidney beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 5 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and mash a handful of kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add kidney beans, sauce, and 1 ¼ to 1 ½ (2 ¼ to 2 ½ cups for family) water to just cover kidney beans. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 7 minutes or till the kidney beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer and mash a handful of kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon, yogurt Serve with: rice, roti, or on its own.
Authentic Punjabi Rajma
I had a lot of fun preparing Rajma that I paired with rice, that I tossed in my rice cooker. It was a simple, but overall such a rich and tasty meal with the perfect blend of spices! Pro Tip: I added some ghee from Costco! But butter tastes good on anything. It took less than 30 seconds of mental energy, normally this dish would require 45-60 minutes of focus, lots of dirty dishes, and wouldn't taste nearly as good.