Kidney Beans Curry "Rajma"
Available in SF Bay Only
Kidney Beans & Rice (Rajma Chawal) is the ultimate north Indian comfort meal. Silky smooth beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
Ingredients: Organic Kidney Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
Package includes: 1) Rajma Sauce 2) Kidney Beans
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order 1 & 3/4 cups water, kidney beans and sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, mash a handful of beans to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Heat sauce and kidney beans, stirring intermittently.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 10 minutes or till the kidney beans are soft.
- Remove cover, simmer to thicken sauce if desired.
- Mash a handful of beans for creamy texture. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon, yoghurt
Serve with: rice, naan or as a soup
Leftover tip: add bit of hot water prior to heating as beans thicken over time.
Authentic Punjabi Rajma
I had a lot of fun preparing Rajma that I paired with rice, that I tossed in my rice cooker. It was a simple, but overall such a rich and tasty meal with the perfect blend of spices! Pro Tip: I added some ghee from Costco! But butter tastes good on anything. It took less than 30 seconds of mental energy, normally this dish would require 45-60 minutes of focus, lots of dirty dishes, and wouldn't taste nearly as good.