Only for SF Bay
Serves 2-3 - yields 24 oz
Who doesn’t like potatoes? Growing up in India, train travel was much more commonplace than air travel. The best part was waiting for the platforms to come, where vendors would come flocking to sell fresh hot aloo poori (potato curry with fried bread) and masala chai. Heaven! In addition to dinners and lunches, we love them for breakfast with a fried egg on top.
In the Kit: 1) Potatoes 2) Tomatoes in an aromatic spiced ghee ‘tadka’
Ingredients: Organic Gold Potatoes, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Spices (Coriander, Fenugreek, Cayenne, Turmeric, Asafetida), Organic Ghee, Organic Green Chili, & Salt. Allergens: Dairy
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add ¾ cups water, potatoes, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 5 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, mash a handful of potatoes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use frozen)
- In a lidded saucepan, add potatoes, sauce, and 1 cup water.
- Cover saucepan, cook potatoes on high heat until tender ~ 25 minutes. Stir at the half way point.
- Remove lid and mash a few potatoes to thicken sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for desired consistency - 3 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: cilantro & sliced onions
Serve with: greek yoghurt, puri, roti, or on its own
These potatoes were amazing!! So much flavor and so easy to make! The meal kit came with organic diced Yukon potatoes and organic spiced tomato sauce. We don’t own an instant pot but was able to cook it on the stovetop. Just put the potatoes and water in a pot and then add the sauce. Cook til done. That’s it!! And it tasted so good! We served it with the Butter Chicken meal kit which was also tasty and made for a great combination. We plan on ordering sauces next since we know how they taste in the meal kits. So delicious!!