Railway Station Potatoes
Available in SF Bay Only
Who doesn’t like potatoes? Growing up in India, train travel was much more commonplace than air travel. The best part of the travel was waiting for a big station to come, where vendors would come flocking to sell fresh hot aloo poori (potato curry with fried bread) and masala chai. Heaven! These potatoes will transport you to those days.
TIP: freezing & cutting sauce packets on three sides eases the transfer.
Ingredients: Organic Yukon Potatoes, Organic Tomatoes, Grass-Fed Ghee, Green Chili, Spices & Salt Allergens: Dairy (ghee)
Package includes: 1) Potatoes 2) Spiced Tomatoes.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order 3/4 cup water, potatoes and then tomatoes.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 5 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, mash a handful of potatoes to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Heat sauce in pan.
- Add potatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add 2 cups water, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cook covered till potatoes are cooked through and soft.
- Remove cover and simmer to thicken sauce, if desired.
- Mash a handful of potatoes for creamy texture. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, yoghurt
Serve with: poori or naan
Wow! So flavorful!
These potatoes were amazing!! So much flavor and so easy to make! The meal kit came with organic diced Yukon potatoes and organic spiced tomato sauce. We don’t own an instant pot but was able to cook it on the stovetop. Just put the potatoes and water in a pot and then add the sauce. Cook til done. That’s it!! And it tasted so good! We served it with the Butter Chicken meal kit which was also tasty and made for a great combination. We plan on ordering sauces next since we know how they taste in the meal kits. So delicious!!