Ma's Lamb Curry Sauce
This aromatic melt-in-your-mouth lamb dish is seasoned with our mom’s blend of spices. This is a labor-intensive dish and is usually reserved for weekends or entertaining, but with our starter sauce, you can enjoy this any night of the week!
Ingredients: Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Cayenne, Turmeric, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Cloves) & Salt.
At home, you need:
- 16 to 20 oz boneless OR OR 20 - 24 oz of bone-in (lamb, mutton or beef) - cut into bit size pieces (for stew)
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add ½ cup water, lamb, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 40 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes then VENT.
- Set to SAUTE and stir for 3-5 minutes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- In a lidded heavy bottom pot, sauté lamb in sauce for 8 minutes until golden brown. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons water to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot.
- Add 1 ½ cups hot water and bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on low heat for 60 minutes, stirring intermittently until lamb is tender.
- Remove lid, simmer to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice.
Serve with: naan or rice
I am a vegetarian and I loved the sauce
Right from the first pixel that hit my eye to the last taste sensation and the entire experience in between was stellar and set's the standard for all.
Wow, delicious, easy, still licking my fingers
The ingredients of this sauce are simple and healthy but wow do they pack in a lot of flavour and punch! I used the sauce with boneless lamb pieces and added in some lamb bones for flavour because the instructions suggested including bones. This might just be my favourite Seeti dish — so delicious and not too spicy. Still licking my fingers.