Ma's Lamb Curry
Only for SF Bay
Cooked yield - 24 oz
This aromatic melt in your mouth lamb dish is seasoned with our mom’s blend of spices. This is a labor intensive dish and usually reserved for weekends or entertaining, but with our starter sauce you can enjoy this any night of the week!
In the Kit: 1) Boneless Lamb 2) Classic Curry Sauce
Ingredients: Boneless Lamb, Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Cayenne, Turmeric, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Cloves) & Salt.
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add ½ cup water, lamb, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 40 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and mix well. SAUTE for 3-5 minutes to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use defrosted)
- In a lidded heavy bottom pot, sauté lamb in sauce for 8 minutes until golden brown. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons water to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot.
- Add 1 ½ cups hot water and bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on low heat for 60 minutes, stirring intermittently until lamb is tender.
- Remove lid, simmer to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon juice.
Serve with: rice, roti or naan.
Delish, easy, still licking my fingers
The ingredients of this sauce are simple and healthy but wow do they pack in a lot of flavour and punch! I used the sauce with boneless lamb pieces and added in some lamb bones for flavour because the instructions suggested including bones. This might just be my favourite Seeti dish — so delicious and not too spicy. Still licking my fingers.