Ma's Chicken Curry Sauce
This a mildly spiced sauce that has delicate aromas of onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and garam masala. Ours is homey and comforting.
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Sauce Ingredients: Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Yogurt, Avocado Oil, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Milk
At home you need: 24 oz of sliced boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order, 3/4 cup water, cubed chicken, then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, set to SAUTE and stir intermittently for 4 or more minutes to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
Sauté chicken in sauce till light to golden brown on all sides, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add water, bring to boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered till chicken is cooked through.
- Open lid, simmer uncovered to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro Serve with: rice or naan
This sauce goes with every meal!
Another great sauce! I used organic chicken breast versus thighs to this sauce. Sometimes chicken breast can be tough and dry tasting, but the sauce really made it flavorful! I cut the chicken in bite size pieces and sautéed with a small amount of oil. I then added water and sauce and cooked to the consistency I like. It was amazing!! My entire family enjoyed it!