Yellow Lentils & Squash Stew "Daal Lauki"
Available in SF Bay Only
Ingredients: Opo Squash, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Pigeon Peas, Organic Ghee, Green Chili, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Dairy (ghee)
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Package includes: 1) Spiced Organic Tomatoes 2) Pigeon Peas 3) Opo Squash
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order, 1 & 1/2 cup of water, spiced tomatoes, pigeon peas and squash.
- Add in the squash and turn once to coat on both sides.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 11 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, give it a good stir
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Add spiced tomatoes, pigeon peas and squash to a saucepan.
- Add 2 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook covered for 30 minutes or more til squash and pigeon peas are very soft. Add more hot water along the way if needed. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon
Serve with: rice or naan or as a soup
Leftover tip: add a bit of hot water prior to heating, as lentils thicken over time.
Great Indian Food!
This is great food, very well made, wonderful flavors and easy to cook! I highly recommend!