Lentils "Kaali Daal"
Kaali Daal is one of our favorites despite its misnomer of a name. You see, kaali means black, but this daal is decidedly brown. Black or brown, we love its bold heartiness, its comforting warmth, and its bountiful nutrition. Daal (lentils), roti (whole wheat bread) and a green chili pepper are what make up both the simplest of Indian meals and the most universally loved.
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
Ingredients: Lentils, Avocado Oil, Organic Grass-fed Ghee, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Dairy (ghee)
Package includes: 1) Spiced lentils
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add lentils and 2 ½ cups water.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 21 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and give it a good stir
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Add lentils and 4 cups water.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium low heat.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes or till lentils are soft. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon
Serve with: rice or naan or as a soup
Leftover tip: add a bit of hot water prior to reheating as lentils thicken over time.