Spicy Tangy Chickpeas "Pindi Chole"
Available in SF Bay Only
Bring the flavors of Delhi streets into your home. It's healthy yet decadent, spicy yet sweet, nutty yet silky. You can enjoy it as a meal with flat bread or as a snack on it's own, we will let you decide!
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Instructions: Organic Chickpeas, Organic Ginger, Avocado Oil, Grass-Fed Ghee, Organic Raw Sugar, Spices, Black Tea, Green Chili & Salt Allergens: Dairy (ghee)
Package includes: 1) Gingered Chickpeas 2) Spice Mix (includes a tea bag for smokey flavor and color).
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order ⅔ cup water, chickpeas, spice mix and .
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 10 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, remove tea bag and with a back of a spoon, mash a handful of chickpeas.
- Set to SAUTE for 4 minutes to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Sauté gingered chickpeas for about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, spice mix and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 15 minutes or till chickpeas are tender.
- Open lid, remove tea bag, simmer to thicken sauce.
- Mash a handful of chickpeas to make sauce creamy. Enjoy!
Garnish with: onions, lemon, tamarind-date chutney
Serve with: naan or on it's own
Leftover tip: prior to heating, splash water as chickpeas thicken over time.
Pindi Chole was amazing!
Seeti mealkits are a godsend. I have now tried almost all the vegetarian dishes and each one of them is excellent. Super tasty and healthy. And so easy to prepare. My cooking schedule is highly irregular. And Seeti works perfectly for me. I just keep a bunch of them in my freezer - ready to go whenever I am ready.
Spicy Tangy Chickpeas
This was so easy and so yummy! I can not believe how flavorful it was and loved that I was able to make it fresh for my family. Thank you for making cooking easy for busy moms!