Chana Masala Sauce
This tangy tomato sauce pairs perfectly with chickpeas.
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves), Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Green Chili, & Salt
At home you need:
- 1 ½ - 2 cans of no salt added chickpeas, drained
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 ⅓ cup water, garbanzo beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, SAUTE for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
- In a lidded pot, add garbanzo beans, sauce, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes or until garbanzo beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice
Serve with: yoghurt, roti, rice, or on its own
Easy to make. A life savior for our busy household. Great taste!
Seethi Chana masala sauce
Excellent! Love all their sauces and spices.
You MUST try this - SOOOOOO easy and DELICIOUS!
Perfect Sauce for making Aloo Gobi!
I made a delicious Aloo Gobi using Seeti's Chickpea "Channa" Masala Sauce. Just added cubed potatoes, a chopped tomato, onion and cauliflower to my instant pot with the sauce packet. Incredible flavors rivaling anything I have ever had at great Indian restaurants.
I wanted to add some flavor to my potatoes and caulini and Seeti suggested this Masala Sauce. Wow! Great idea because it turned out delicious! And it was so easy to make! I basically cooked the potatoes and caulini in 2 cups of water and let it steam a bit before I added the sauce. I served this dish with the butter chicken. It was a great meal! Now I’m excited to try even more of their sauces and use different proteins and vegetables!