Chicken Pilaf Sauce
Our aromatic sauce has whole spices, caramelized onions, fresh cilantro, cashews and of course saffron. There's a lot to love, the best part is how simple it is to make chicken pilaf on a whim.
Ingredients: Organic Onions, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Avocado Oil, Organic Cashews, Organic Serrano Pepper, Organic Cilantro, Spices & Salt. Allergens: Tree nuts (cashews)
TIP: cut packet on three sides for easy transfer
At home you need:
- 12 oz of boneless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup of basmati rice, rinsed and well-drained.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set to SAUTE. Add rice, sauce and chicken. Stir for 4 minutes.
- Press Cancel to turn off.
- Add ¾ cup water, stir to scrape off all brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (deglaze).
- Pat down to ensure all rice is submerged under the water and SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, stir to mix all together. Enjoy!
- Sauté chicken in the sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cup water and rice and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan.
- Cook till water is absorbed, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Take off the stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork. Mix and enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, yogurt
Leftover tip: splash with water prior to heating to freshen rice