Chicken Biryani Sauce
Our aromatic sauce has whole spices, caramelized onions, fresh cilantro, cashews and of course saffron. There's a lot to love, the best part is how simple it is to make chicken pilaf on a whim.
Ingredients: Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Avocado Oil, Organic Cilantro, Organic Spices (Cumin, Black Cardamom, Peppercorn, Cayenne, Cloves, Cinnamon, Saffron), Organic Green Chillies & Salt.
At home you need:
- 12 oz of boneless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup of basmati rice, rinsed and well-drained.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Rinse rice.
- Set to SAUTE. Add rice, sauce and chicken, then stir for 4 minutes. Press CANCEL to turn off SAUTE mode.
- Add ¾ cup water, scraping off all the brown bits stuck to the bottom to deglaze the pot. To prevent burn signal, deglaze throughly.
- Ensure all the rice is submerged under the water. SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure. Remove lid and mix well. Enjoy!
- Rinse rice.
- In a lidded heavy bottom pot, sauté chicken, rice, and sauce till the chicken is no longer pink ~5 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cup hot water, scraping off all the brown bits stuck to the bottom to deglaze the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low heat until water is absorbed, 16-18 minutes.
- Take off the stove and rest covered for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, yogurt, raita
Leftover tip: splash with water prior to heating to freshen rice