Chickpea "Channa" Masala
Available in SF Bay Only
Chickpeas in a tangy tomato sauce. Eat it like we do, with sliced onions, avocados and a spritz of lemon. Or for a more hearty meal, enjoy it with rice or a flatbread.
TIP: keep frozen & cut packet on three sides for easy transfer.
Ingredients: Organic Chickpeas, Organic Tomatoes, Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Spices & Salt
Package Includes: 1) Organic Chickpeas 2) Chickpea Sauce
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add in order 1 & 1/4 cup water, chickpeas and sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, mash a handful of chickpeas to thicken sauce
- CANCEL to turn off. Enjoy!
- Sauté potatoes in sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 &1/2 cup water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 10-15 minutes or till tender all the way through (you can test with a fork staring at 10 minutes).
- Remove cover, mash a few potatoes to add body to the sauce.
- Simmer to thicken if desired. Turn off and enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, add to taste
Garnish with: onion, lemon, yogurt, cilantro
Serve with: rice or naan or poori or on it's own
Another wonderful dish!
Thank you for adding more spice to our life! The Channa Masala was the perfect addition to our bbq. The Naan on the grill was a perfect pair!