Only for SF Bay
Cooked yield 28 oz
Garbanzo beans in a tangy tomato sauce. Eat it like we do, with sliced onions, avocados, and a spritz of lemon. Or for a more hearty meal, enjoy it with rice or a flatbread.
In the Kit: 1) Parboiled garbanzo beans 2) Tangy Masala Sauce
Ingredients: Organic Garbanzo Beans, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves), Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Green Chili, & Salt
Instant Pot Instructions (use frozen or defrosted)
- Add 1 ⅓ cup water, garbanzo beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, SAUTE for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use defrosted)
- In a lidded pot, add garbanzo beans, sauce, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes or until garbanzo beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the garbanzo beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice
Serve with: yoghurt, roti, rice, or on its own
Another wonderful dish!
Thank you for adding more spice to our life! The Channa Masala was the perfect addition to our bbq. The Naan on the grill was a perfect pair!