Keema Aloo Matar
Only for SF Bay
Serves 2-3 - yields 18 oz
Ground beef with potatoes and peas, a marriage made in heaven. Aloo Keema Matar is a favorite dish in all Indian & Pakistani households. You can have it ready in a matter of minutes.
In the Kit: 1) Grass-Fed Ground Beef 2) Potatoes and Peas 3) Classic Curry Sauce
Ingredients: Grass-Fed Ground Angus Beef, Organic Potatoes, Organic Peas, Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Cayenne, Turmeric, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Cloves) & Salt.
Instant Pot Instructions (defrost beef before use)
- Set to SAUTE. Add ground beef and sauce. Stir for 4-5 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
- Add potatoes, peas, and ¼ cup water, then mix well.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- VENT and stir. Enjoy!
Stovetop Instructions (use defrosted)
- In a heavy bottom pot, sauté potatoes and peas in sauce for 10 minutes, stir and add 1-4 tbsp water, as need to prevent sticking.
- Add ground beef and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup of hot water, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and sauté for another 12-15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste. This is a dry, not saucy dish.
Garnish with: cilantro, onions. Serve with: roti, naan, or rice