BYOP Vegetable Pilaf
Note: BYOP kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping.
This sauce is infused with our in-house blend of whole spices and makes an intensely flavorful rice dish. If you add paneer and your favorite veggies, (we suggest cauliflower, peas and potatoes) it's a nutritionally complete one-pot meal.
Ingredients: Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Cashews, Organic Coriander, Organic Raisins, Salt, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cayenne, Red Chili Pod, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cumin, Organic Clove Allergens: Tree Nuts
In the Kit: 1) Pilaf Masala Sauce 2) 3/4 cup Basmati Rice
At home you need:
- 10 oz of mix of bite sized vegetable (e.g peas, cauliflower, carrots, beans)
- 2 oz of paneer or canned garbanzo beans
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Rinse rice.
- Add ¾ cup water, rice, and sauce, ensuring rice is submerged in the water. Add vegetables on top.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 8 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes, then VENT and mix well. Enjoy!
- Rinse rice.
Add vegetables, rice, sauce, and 1 ¼ cup water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until water is absorbed 16-18 minutes.
- Take off the stove and rest covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, pickles Serve with: papadum, yogurt
Leftover tip: prior to heating, splash a bit of water to freshen the rice.