Note: BYOP kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping and come with Rice and an bag-in-pot bag ( watch video)
Kidney Beans & Rice (Rajma Chawal) is the ultimate north Indian comfort meal. Silky smooth beans in a spicy tart sauce, what's not to love?
Ingredients: Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves), Organic Raw Sugar, Salt, Green Chili & Salt.
In the kit
- 1 Tangy Masala Sauce
- 1 Cup Biryani Rice
- 1 bag-in-pot bag (watch video)
Need to have
- 1 ½ can of kidney beans, drained
Instant Pot Instruction (blue steps are for bag-in-pot rice)
Add 1 ⅓ cup of water, kidney beans, and sauce.
- Add 1 cup of water to the rice bag.
- Stand the rice bag upright in the center of the pot.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 10 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes, then VENT. Remove lid.
- Take out the cooked bag of rice.
- Mash a handful of kidney beans and stir on SAUTE mode for 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce. Enjoy!
- Set rice to cook.
- In a lidded pot, add kidney beans, sauce, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the kidney beans to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon, yogurt