BYOP Ma's Lamb Curry
Note: BYOP kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping and come with Rice and an bag-in-pot bag ( watch video)
This aromatic melt in your mouth lamb dish is seasoned with our mom’s blend of spices. This is a labor intensive dish and usually reserved for weekends or entertaining, but with our starter sauce you can enjoy this any night of the week!
Ingredients: Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Cayenne, Cumin, Turmeric, Coriander, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves) & Salt
In the kit
- 1 Classic Curry Sauce
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 bag-in-pot bag (watch video)
At home, you need:
- 16 to 20 oz of cubed boneless meat (lamb, mutton, or beef) OR 20 - 24 oz of bone-in stew meat
Instant Pot Instructions (blue steps are for bag-in-pot rice)
- Add ½ cup water, lamb, and then sauce.
- Add 1 cup of water to the rice bag.
- Stand the rice bag upright in the center of the pot.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 40 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes then VENT. Remove lid.
- Take out the cooked bag of rice.
- Set to SAUTE and stir for 3-5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Enjoy!
- Set rice to cook.
- In a lidded heavy bottom pot, sauté lamb in sauce for 8 minutes until golden brown. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons water to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot.
- Add 1 ½ cups hot water and bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on low heat for 60 minutes, stirring intermittently until lamb is tender.
- Remove lid, simmer to thicken sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon juice.