BYOP Chana Masala
Note: BYOP kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping and come with Rice and an bag-in-pot bag ( watch video)
This tangy tomato sauce pairs perfectly with chickpeas.
Ingredients: Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Avocado Oil, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves), Organic Raw Sugar, Organic Green Chili & Salt,
In the kit
- 1 Tangy Masala Sauce
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 bag-in-pot bag (watch video)
At home you need:
- 1 ½ can of no salt added chickpeas, drained
Instant Pot Instructions (blue steps are for bag-in-pot rice)
- Add 1 ⅓ cup water, garbanzo beans, and then sauce.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Add rice and 1 cup of water to the bag-in-pot rice bag.
- Stand the rice bag upright in the center of the pot.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, and then VENT to release the remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Take out the cooked bag of rice
- SAUTE for 2-3 minutes and mash a handful of chickpeas to thicken the sauce. Enjoy!
- Set rice to cook.
- In a lidded pot, add garbanzo beans, sauce, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes or till garbanzo beans are soft.
- Remove lid, simmer, and mash a few of the garbanzo beans to thicken the sauce. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions, cilantro, lemon, or yogurt