Seasoned meat with peas, perfectly seasoned with aromatic spices and carmelized onions.
Total Time to Table ~ 20 minute
Kit includes: i) sauce ii) ground goat iii) peas
IMPORTANT NOTE: Thaw ground gaat/beef before use
- Add sauce, ground goat into the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Set to saute mode, and stir intermittently to breaking all clumps, about 3-5 minutes (most of the pink will be gone).
- Add peas and ⅛ cup water.
- Lock lid, set valve to seal and cook on high pressure for 5minutes
- Once done, let rest for 5 minutes and set valve to vent to release pressure.
- Optional garnish suggestions: cilantro, raw onions, lemon, serrano pepper, yogurt
- Pairs well with Indian flatbread such as Roti
Keema matar was popularly eaten in the courts of Mughal India. The word keema is believed to be borrowed from the Turkish word 'kiyma' which means minced meat.