Ma's Chicken Curry
Yields 2.25 cups
A mildly spiced boneless chicken curry that has delicate aromas of onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and garam masala. Tastes great with rice or roti. Ours is homey and comforting.
Ingredients: Mary’s Air-chilled Free Range Chicken, Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Yogurt, Avocado Oil, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Spices & Salt
Instructions: Package includes: 1) Caramelized Onion Sauce 2) Chicken TIP: Cutting packet on two/three sides will facilitate moving it's contents into the IP
- Add chicken, sauce and ½ cup water.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 9 minutes.
- Once done, let rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid, separate chicken pieces with a spatula.
- Set to SAUTE mode, and stir intermittently for 4 minutes to thicken sauce.
- CANCEL to turn off, Enjoy!
Garnish Tips: onions slices, lemon wedge, cilantro Serve with: Rice or Indian Flatbread
History: The first chicken curry is called 'Country Captain's Chicken' and was documented on April 26, 1792 in the Madras Courier in India. In 1825, it would reach Georgia (USA) and would become a popular dish with President Roosevelt and General Patton. Captain's chicken led to various types of chicken curries.