Shahi Paneer Rice Kits
Note: Rice kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping and come with Rice and an bag-in-pot bag ( watch video)
Shahi Paneer is yet another one of our favorite vegetarian dishes. Usually a very decadent dish, ours can be enjoyed guilt-free because we use half the fat than most popular recipes.
Ingredients: Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Organic Butter, Organic Garlic, Organic Ginger, Organic Spices (Coriander, Fenugreek, Cumin, Paprika, Turmeric, Cayenne, Peppercorn, Clove, Cinnamon), Organic Raw Sugar & Salt. Allergens: Dairy
In the kit
- 1 Butter Tikka Masala Sauce
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 bag-in-pot bag (watch video)
At home you need:
- 8 oz of cubed paneer
- 4 oz of heavy whipping cream/coconut milk/greek yogurt
Instant Pot Instructions (blue steps are for bag-in-pot rice)
- Add in order, ¾ cup water, and then sauce. Do not stir!
- Add 1 ¼ cup of water to the rice bag.
- Stand the rice bag upright in the center of the pot.
- SEAL and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 6 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes then VENT. Remove Lid.
- Take out the cooked bag of rice.
- Add cream. SAUTE for 3 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Cut paneer into 16 pieces and add, cook till just soft 1-3 minutes. Overcooking will result in paneer becoming tough. Enjoy!
- Set the rice to cook.
- Bring sauce with ⅔ cup of water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream.
- Simmer for 4 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Cut panner into 16 pieces and add, and cook until just soft 2-3 minutes. Overcooking will result in paneer becoming tough. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions