Palak Paneer Rice Kit
Note: Rice kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping and come with Rice and an bag-in-pot bag ( watch video)
Our favorite vegetarian dish, perfect for everyday or special enough for entertaining. This wholesome dish of spinach and paneer (farmer’s cheese) has an extra kick of garlic and is seasoned with fenugreek. We make ours without cream so you can enjoy it guilt-free.
Ingredients: Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Garlic, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Ghee, Organic Spices (Fenugreek, Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric, Cayenne, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Clove, Cinnamon) & Salt. Allergens: Dairy
In the kit
- 1 Garlic & Fenugreek Masala Sauce
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 bag-in-pot bag (watch video)
At home, you need:
- 10 oz of chopped blanched/frozen spinach
- 6 oz of cubed paneer
Instant Pot Instructions (blue steps are for bag-in-pot rice)
- Add ½ cup water, spinach, and then sauce.
- Add 1 ¼ cup of water to the rice bag.
- Stand the rice bag upright in the center of the pot.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- Once done, rest for 10 minutes, then VENT to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and add paneer. Remove lid.
- Take out the cooked bag of rice.
- SAUTE for 3 minutes until the paneer is just warm and soft. Overcooked paneer will become tough. Enjoy!
- Set the rice to cook.
- Meanwhile, in a lidded saucepan, add sauce, spinach, and ½ cup water.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring at the halfway point. Optional: process with a blender for a creamy texture.
- Cut paneer into 16 pieces, add to pan and simmer for 3 minutes till just warm and soft. Overcooking will make the paneer tough. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: onions