Keema Aloo Matar Rice Kit
Note: Rice Kits are shelf stable but do not contain meat or produce. You will need that at home. They are designed for the instant pot and nationwide shipping and come with Rice and an bag-in-pot bag ( watch video)
Ground beef with potatoes and peas, a marriage made in heaven. Aloo Keema Matar is a favorite dish in all Indian & Pakistani households. You can have it ready in a matter of minutes.
Ingredients: Organic Basmati Rice, Organic Onions, Organic Tomatoes, Avocado Oil, Organic Ginger, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices (Cayenne, Cumin, Turmeric, Coriander, Peppercorn, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves) & Salt.
- 1 Classic Curry Sauce
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 bag-in-pot bag (watch video)
At home you need:
- 8 oz ground meat (beef, lamb, goat, or turkey)
- 3.5 oz of potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 2.5 oz of peas
Instant Pot Instructions (blue steps are for bag-in-pot rice)
- Set to SAUTE. Add ground beef and sauce. Stir for 4-5 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
- Add potatoes, peas, and ¼ cup water, then mix well.
Add 1 ¼ cup of water to the rice bag.
- Stand the rice bag upright in the center of the pot.
- SEAL and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes.
- Once done, VENT to release the remaining pressure. Remove Lid.
- Take out the cooked bag of rice.
- Set rice to cook.
- In a heavy bottom pot, sauté potatoes and peas in sauce for 10 minutes, stir, and add 1-4 tbsp water, as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add ground beef and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup of hot water, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and Sauté for another 12-15 minutes till potatoes are tender. Enjoy!
Note: Salt is kept low, adjust to taste
Garnish with: cilantro, onions, lemon juice.